There’s an old truism that you have to keep telling people they are doing the right thing when they buy from you and in today’s noisy marketplace they like to know more than just what you do. They want to know who you are, what you stand for and why you matter in their lives.
Successful companies and brands consistently, clearly and appealingly articulate in every word and deed their vision, values, strategy, culture and personality to influence and engage people’s hearts and minds and earn trust, deliver results and build a reputation as an asset.
Can you do that? Or is your business story locked inside you or scattered in disconnected pieces across different social, print and digital media? Are you unsure about what to say and how to say it your way and in your own voice? You would be in very good company as a leader if you answered yes and recognise that you are struggling to communicate effectively and inspirationally to galvanise action.
There’s a solution. You need a coach to work alongside you – one on one or with your team – to build your communication skills – and confidence – and find the voice, hooks and memorable, meaningful, relevant stories to influence and guide what people experience, think, feel and believe about your brand – and the company behind the brand.
Here are some of the skills you and your communications coach can work on:
- Expressing your vision and values with a great story and messages that can be told again and again wherever people meet your brand and company
- Articulating your strategy, goals and ideas in a simple, appealing way
- Finding your voice and tapping into personal stories and experiences that shape your brand
- Telling stories and sharing experiences that inspire and motivate customers and employees to take action and give them reasons to trust you
- Speaking with confidence in formal and informal situations to excite discovery and build awareness and recognition of your company and brand offer
- Building high performing teams that share the vision, live the culture, know what’s expected and are motivated to deliver the goals
- Strengthening relationships with your colleagues, customers, communities of influencers
- Projecting the qualities and capabilities that distinguish you as a leader – or prospective leader and influencer
- Listening, feedback and conversation skills
- Having confidence to be your whole and real self.
To get advice & help email firstname.lastname@example.org to see how we can custom-make a coaching programme that transforms you into a great business storyteller able to bring to life your company, brand and your own personal brand. You can read Susan’s story at www.robinson-derus.co.nz